The Nokia E series are well built business phones. The Nokia E72 is one of the best in its class. It has a solid body with aluminum back cover and a distinctive appearance. Take a look at its main features:
- Quad-band GSM support
- 3G with HSDPA 10.2Mbps and HSUPA 2Mbps
- Landscape 2.36″ 16M-color display of QVGA resolution
- Comfortable full QWERTY keypad
- Optical trackpad on the D-pad
- Symbian 9.3 OS, S60 UI with FP2
- 600 MHz ARM 11 CPU and 128 MB of SDRAM
- 5 megapixel auto focus camera with LED flash
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, UPnP technology, DLNA support
- Built-in GPS receiver, A-GPS support, digital compass
- Accelerometer for turn-to-mute
- 250 MB of internal memory, microSD expansion, ships with a 4GB card
- Standard 3.5mm audio jack
- Bluetooth v2.0 with A2DP support and microUSB v2.0
- FM radio with RDS
- Remote Wipe
- Great battery life
- Office document editor (including MS Office 2007)
- User-friendly Mode Switch for swapping two homescreen setups
- Smart dialing
- Full Flash support
- Great audio output quality
- Lifetime Nokia Messaging subscription
Above the screen it has the ear piece speaker, an ambient light sensor and a video call camera. The ambient sensor does optimize the backlighting of the QWERTY keyboard too. Under the screen it has an optical D-pad and the control button which are: select and back and under them are the home, events, phonebook and message buttons. On the right side we find the volume keys and between them is a dedicated voice command button. On the left side it has the microUSB and microSD slots both covered with plastic caps. At the top it has the 3.5mm jack and the power button. At the bottom on the left corner we find the charger plug and the lanyard eyelet.
The display has 2.36 inches and 16 million colors. It has a resolution of 320 x 240 pixels and a pixel density of 169ppi. The sun light legibility is great. The display colors are vivid and the contrast is excellent.
The 5MP camera has autofocus and LED flash. It can record videos with VGA resolution at 15 fps. The secondary camera has VGA resolution too. Features like panorama, self-timer, ISO are present. The image quality is one of the best found at a 5MP camera. The details are good, color rendering is good too.
At connectivity it has EDGE speed up to 296 Kbps, HSDPA and HSUPA speeds up to 10.2 Mbps respectively 2 Mbps, Wi-Fi with b/g standards, Nokia VoIP 3.0, Bluetooth v2.0 with A2DP and a microUSB v2.0 slot. The browsing experience is good; the page rendering is excellent, pages are looking like on a desktop computer.
The Symbian OS is v9.3 with v3.2 UI and powers up to 600 MHz ARM 11 processor. The internal storage has 250 Mb and the amount of RAM memory is 128 Mb. The phone has accelerometer, compass and light sensors.
The battery has 1500 mAh and can keep the phone on for more than five days with a moderate use. It has a standby time of 480 hours and a talk time of 12 hours and a half.