The iPhone 4 is the first major change made by Apple to its phones. The 4th generation of iPhone has a new look new skills and its features are more attractive. Take a look at its main features:
- Quad-band GSM and quad-band 3G support with 7.2 Mbps HSDPA and 5.76 Mbps HSUPA
- 3.5″ 16M-color LED-backlit TFT capacitive touchscreen of 640 x 960 px resolution
- Scratch-resistant glass front and rear, with fingerprint-resistant coating
- 1GHz Apple A4 SoC; 512MB of RAM
- 5 MP autofocus camera with LED flash and touch focus
- 720p video recording at 30fps
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
- GPS with A-GPS connectivity; digital compass
- 16/32GB storage options
- Accelerometer, proximity sensor and three-axis gyro sensor
- Active noise cancellation with a dedicated secondary microphone
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack, stereo Bluetooth v2.1
- Excellent audio output quality
- Slim waistline at only 9.3mm
- Secondary front-facing camera
- Some degree of multitasking
- Rich AppStore
Above the display it has the proximity and ambient light sensors near the ear piece speaker and the newly added video call camera. Under the screen we find the same old home button. On the left side it has the volume rocker keys which are separate this time and the ring/silent button. On the right side it has the microSIM card slot. At the top it has the 3.5mm jack and the power button. Near the jack is a dedicated microphone for active noise cancellation. At the bottom it remained the same as its predecessors: it has the loud speaker, the charger plus and the mouthpiece microphone.
The display is IPS with LED-backlit technology. It measures 3.5 inches and it has a resolution of 640 x 960 pixels and pixel density of 330ppi. The display has an oleophobic coating and is protected by Gorilla Glass. It also supports multitouch. The displayed images are great, the black are deep and the colors are vibrant. Sun light legibility is very good as well.
The 5MP camera has autofocus and LED flash. It has features like touch focus, geo-tagging, HDR, video light and other options in the settings menu. You get sharp and vibrant images from the color rendering and the details. Video recording is made at HD 720p resolution and 30 fps. The video quality is quite good. A secondary camera for video calls is available and is has VGA resolution and 30 fps
At connectivity it has the following features: 2G EDGE speeds up to 236 Kbps, 3G HSDPA speeds up to 7.2 Mbps and HSUPA up to 5.76 Mbps, Wi-Fi with b/g/n standards, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP and a microUSB v2.0 slot. The Safari browser is now faster on the iPhone 4 than on its predecessors. It runs very smooth and the loading speeds are excellent.
The graphics processing unit remained the same PowerVR SGX535 but the Cortex-A8 processor has 1 GHz now and it is based on Apple A4 chipset. The amount of RAM memory is 512 Mb. The internal storage has 8, 16 or 32 GB and no SD card can be added. The phone has gyro, accelerometer, compass, proximity and light sensors.
The 1420 mAh battery has a standby time of 300 hours and a talk time of 14 hours. On paper there’s not much difference between the iPhones 4 battery and the one from the 3GS. But in day by day use you will see that it can last for about one and a half day of moderate use.