The Nokia 6303i classic does the job it’s paid to do. Some minor improvements are applied to an already well known product. Take a look at its main features down here:
- Tri-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE support
- 2.2″ 16M-color QVGA display with excellent sunlight legibility
- 3 megapixel camera, fixed-focus and LED flash
- QVGA video recording at 8fps
- Refreshed S40 user interface, 6th edition
- Stereo FM radio with RDS
- Bluetooth (with A2DP) and microUSB port
- microSD card slot (16 GB supported, 2GB included)
- Standard 3.5mm audio jack
- Rich preinstalled application package
- Ovi Maps, Store, Contacts and Share
- Solid metal casing, nice oval shapes
- Web browser is WebKit-based and plays YouTube video
- Respectable BL-5CT battery (Li-Ion 1050 mAh)
Full specs on the official site here.
Above the display it has the ear piece speaker and an ambient light sensor. Under the screen the D-pad is flanked by call buttons and the select and back buttons. The phone is slightly curved at the bottom. At the top we can see only the power button while at the bottom we find the microUSB port, a 3.5mm jack, the lanyard eyelet and the charger plug. On the right side it has the volume rocker keys while on the left side it is completely bare.
The 2.2 inches display has 16 million colors. It supports a resolution of 240 x 320 pixels and a pixel density of 182ppi. The color rendering and contrast are great and the viewing angles are wide. The sun light legibility is very good too. The phone measures 108 x 46.2 x 11.7mm and weighs 96 grams.
The camera has a 3.2MP resolution, fixed focus and LED flash. You can shoot in both portrait and landscape mode. The pictures are a bit oversharpened but with good contrast and color rendering. The details are decent but the noise levels are quite high. The video quality is very poor; it has QVGA resolution at only 8 fps.
At connectivity it has Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP and a microUSB v2.0 slot. The phone has only EDGE support on 2G; there is no 3G or Wi-Fi. The browser has Adobe Flash Lite support and it is based on HTML; the WebKit helps the browser to render the pages accurately.
The Nokia 6303i has a stereo FM radio with RDS, 8 games preinstalled and you can also install other games and apps from the Ovi Store. The phone has the Symbian S40 user interface. It comes in six different colors: steel, matt black, chestnut, illuvial pink, white on silver and khaki on gold.
The battery can last up to five days without any problems and with a moderate use. The battery has 1050 mAh.