With its huge 4.7 inches screen the HTC Sensation XL has almost the same hardware as the Titan. But it has lower performance than the Sensation. Check its main features down here:
- Quad-band GSM and dual-band 3G support
- 14.4 Mbps HSDPA and 5.76 Mbps HSUPA
- 4.7″ 16M-color capacitive S-LCD touchscreen of WVGA resolution (480 x 800 pixels)
- Android OS v2.3 Gingerbread with HTC Sense 3.5
- 1.5 GHz single Scorpion CPUs, Adreno 205 GPU, Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255 chipset
- 768 MB RAM; 16 GB storage (~12.5GB user accessible)
- Beats audio enhancement and premium Monster iBeats headset
- 8 MP autofocus camera with dual-LED flash; face detection, geo-tagging, HDR mode, image autoupload
- 720p video recording @ 30fps, slow-mo videos (2x at WVGA)
- Wi-Fi b/g/n and DLNA
- GPS with A-GPS
- Stereo FM radio with RDS
- Accelerometer, proximity and ambient light sensor
- Front facing camera with video calls
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- microUSB port (charging) and stereo Bluetooth v3.0
- Smart dialing, voice dialing
- Office document editor
- DivX/XviD video support
- HTC Locations app
- HTCSense.com integration
- HTC Portable Hotspot
- Ultra-fast boot times (if you don’t remove battery)
Full specs here.
Above the screen it has the proximity and light sensors, the secondary camera and the notification/charging LED. Under the screen there are the touch sensitive buttons four in number: home, menu, back and search. On the right side we can see the volume rocker keys and on the left side the microUSB port. On the top it has the 3.5mm jack, the power button and a secondary microphone for active noise cancellation.
The 4.7 inches S-LCD display has a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels and a pixel density of 199ppi; this is a little too low for a screen this size. The display supports multitouch. The sunlight legibility is poor because the screen is highly reflective.
The Sensation XL comes with an 8MP camera with autofocus and LED flash. It can record videos at a resolution of 720p and it can record slow-motion videos. As features it has geo-tagging, face detection, touch focus, HDR and auto-upload. The Sensation takes better pictures than the other HTC phones maybe because it has better image processing software. The colors are accurate but the Sensation XL oversaturate them a bit. The pictures also tempt to oversharp sometimes. The phone has 1.3MP secondary camera.
At connectivity it has HSDPA up to 14.4 Mbps, HSUPA up to 5.76 Mbps, Wi-Fi with b/g/n protocols, DLNA, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP and a microUSB 2.0 slot. The browser has xHTML and HTML and Adobe Flash support. The browsing experience is very good thanks to the 4.7 inches display.
The hardware parts are powered by Android 2.3 Gingerbread but you can update the Sensation XL to version 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. The team which is on the hardware part consists of: a Qualcomm MSM8255 chipset, a 1.5 GHz Scorpion processor and an Adreno 205 GPU. All of these it is added an amount of 768 Mb of RAM memory. The phone has compass, accelerometer, proximity, gyro and light sensors.
The Sensation XL comes with Beats Audio by Dr. Dre headset and with Beats Audio support.
HTC could have put an 1800-2000 mAh battery on the phone but they have put a 1600 mAh battery. It can help the phone to pass the one day limit but it still offers only 360 hours in standby and 7 hours talk time.