The HTC Legend comes in an aluminum unibody case. It is the successor of the HTC Hero. The unibody metal design gives it a distinct and quality feel. Take a look at its main features:
- Aluminum unibody design
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE support
- 3G with HSDPA 7.2 Mbps and HSUPA 2Mbps
- Android OS v2.1 with latest Sense UI
- 3.2″ capacitive AMOLED touchscreen of HVGA resolution
- Qualcomm MSM 7227 600 MHz CPU, 384 MB RAM
- 5 megapixel autofocus camera with LED flash and VGA@30fps video recording
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g and GPS receiver
- Digital compass
- Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate and turn-to-mute
- Proximity sensor for automatic screen locking during calls
- Stereo Bluetooth (A2DP); File transfer over Bluetooth
- Standard microUSB port for charging and data
- Standard 3.5mm audio jack
- FM Radio with RDS
- microSD card slot with support for up to 32GB cards (2GB one included)
- USB tethering support right out-of-the-box
- Social networking integration with Facebook and Twitter
- Web browser comes with Flash support
- Multi-touch zooming in gallery and web browser
- Direct access to the official Android application repository
Under the screen it has four physical control buttons (home, menu, back and search) and an optical trackpad. Above the screen it has the ear piece speaker and the light and proximity sensor on the right. The left side of the phone has only the volume keys while the right side has nothing. At the top of the phone we find the 3.4mm jack and the power button; at the bottom we find the microUSB slot and the mouth microphone.
The 3.2 inches display is AMOLED. The images are crisp and on a sunny day you will be able to read something on the screen but in direct sun light you will struggle a little. The display has a pixel density of 180ppi and supports a resolution of 320 x 480 pixels. It supports multitouch and it’s protected by a Gorilla Glass screen. The phone measures 112 x 56.3 x 11.5mm and weighs 126 grams.
It has 385 Mb of RAM and 512 Mb of ROM which are helping the 600 MHz ARM 11 processor and the Adreno 200 GPU. All of these are based on the Qualcomm MSM7227 chipset. The phone has GPS with A-GPS support, stereo FM radio with RDS and it has accelerometer, compass, proximity and light sensors.
At connectivity it has the following: 236 Kbps EDGE speed on 2G mode, HSDPA up 7.2 Mbps and HSUPA up to 2 Mbps in 3G mode, Wi-Fi with b/g protocols, Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP and microUSB 2.0 port.
The camera has a 5MP sensor. It takes pictures with quality above average but the noise level is a bit too high. It has autofocus, LED flash, geo-tagging and some other options in the settings menu. The recorded videos have VGA resolution and the quality is decent.
The 1300 mAh is more than enough for this phone because the display is small and it is AMOLED, so it consumes less energy. The battery life can go up to 2 days or more if no wi-fi.3G connections are used.