The HTC Incredible S is a really capable smartphone. When it was launched it was the flagship of the HTC. It has a solid construction. Below you can see it main features:
- Quad-band GSM and dual-band 3G support
- 14.4 Mbps HSDPA and 5.76 Mbps HSUPA
- 4″ 16M-color capacitive LCD touchscreen of WVGA resolution (480 x 800 pixels)
- The best screen on an HTC device by some distance
- Android OS v2.2 Froyo with HTC Sense UI (ver. 2.3 update promised soon after launch)
- 1 GHz Scorpion CPU, Adreno 205 GPU, Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255 chipset
- 768 MB RAM and 1.5 GB ROM
- 8 MP autofocus camera with LED flash and geo-tagging
- 720p video recording @ 30fps
- Wi-Fi b/g/n and DLNA
- GPS with A-GPS
- microSD slot up to 32GB (8GB card included)
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- Stereo FM radio with RDS
- microUSB port (charging) and stereo Bluetooth v2.1
- Smart dialing, voice dialing
- Front facing camera for video calling
- DivX/XviD video support
- Dolby Mobile and SRS sound enhancement
- HTC Locations app
- HTCSense.com integration
- HTC Portable Hotspot
- Ultra-fast boot times (if you don’t remove battery)
Full specs here.
From all of the LCD displays, the display of the Incredible S is one of the best. It has accurate colors, good contrast and good brightness. It measures 4 inches in diagonal and has a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels and a pixel density of 233pp. it supports multitouch and reveals the HTC Sense 3.6 user interface. The phone has 135.5 grams and 120 x 60 x 11.7mm.
Above the screen it has the ear piece speaker, the secondary camera and the hidden proximity and light sensors. Under the screen there are the capacitive control buttons which are a bit special; they rotate to match the orientation of the phone. The right side of the phone is completely bare and the left side presents the volume keys and the microUSB port.
The data traffic speed can reach 560 Kbps in EDGE 2G mode. On 3G it has HSDPA up to 14.4 Mbps and HSUPA up to 5.76 Mbps. Wi-Fi has b/g/n standards with DLNA and Hotspot, Bluetooth is v2.1 with A2DP + EDR and the microUSB port is v2.0. The browser has Adobe Flash support and run very good
The 8MP camera with dual-LED flash takes very good pictures. It has autofocus, geo-tagging, image stabilization, face detection and touch focus. The contrast and color from pictures are good. It can shoot 720p HD videos at 30 fps. The secondary camera has 1.3MP.
The 1 GHZ Scorpion processor and the Adreno 205 GPU are placed on the Qualcomm snapdragon MSM8255 chipset and they are helped by an amount of 768 Mb of RAM. The Incredible S is pretty fast. It has proximity, light, accelerometer and compass sensors.
The 1450 mAh battery has a hard job to do and it barely gets it done. It helps the phone to pass the one day limit. It offers a standby time of 290 hours and talk time of 9 hours.