The Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro was launched at the same time with the Xperia Mini. It is a bit thicker but it has a hardware QWERTY keyboard. Check some of it main features:
- Quad-band GSM /GPRS/EDGE support
- 3G with 7.2 Mbps HSDPA and 5.76 Mbps HSUPA
- 3″ 16M-color capacitive LED-backlit LCD touchscreen, HVGA res (320 x 480), Sony Mobile BRAVIA engine
- Full four-row, slide-out QWERTY keyboard
- Android OS v2.3 Gingerbread
- 1 GHz Scorpion CPU, Adreno 205 GPU, Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255 chipset
- 512 MB RAM
- 5 MP autofocus camera, LED flash, geo-tagging
- 720p video @ 30fps, continuous autofocus
- Front facing VGA camera
- Wi-Fi b/g/n and DLNA
- GPS with A-GPS
- microSD slot (32GB supported, 2GB card included)
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- Stereo FM radio with RDS
- microUSB port (charging) and stereo Bluetooth v2.1
- Voice dialing
- Adobe Flash 10.3 support
Full specs here.
Below the screen it has the three control buttons: one is the physical home button and the other two are touch sensitive back and menu. Above the screen it has the earpiece speaker, the ambient light and proximity sensors, the secondary camera and the status LED. On the left side it has the volume keys and the dedicated camera button in two stages which is very soft. On the left side it is completely bare, nothing to see there. On the top of the phone we find the power button, the 3.5mm jack, the micruUSB slot and a tiny microphone for active noise cancellation.
Its display has the LED-backlit technology and the Sony Mobile BRAVIA Engine. The display has 3 inches and supports a resolution of 320 x 480 pixels and a pixel density of 192ppi. It is protected by a scratch resistant screen. The viewing angles are limited but the colors are nice and the contrast is good. The phone measures 92 x 53 x 18mm and weighs 136 grams.
The Xperia Mini Pro has an internal memory of 400 Mb and a RAM memory of 512Mb. It comes out of the box with Android v2.3 Gingerbread but it can be updated to v4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. The chipset is a Snapdragon MSM8255 from Qualcomm and the Scorpion processor is clocked at 1GHz. The graphic processing unit is the Adreno 205. The phone has accelerometer, proximity, compass and light sensors.
At connectivity is has 2G EDGE speed up to 237 Kbps, 3G speeds up to 7.2 Mbps HSDPA and 5.76 Mbps HSUPA, Wi-Fi b/g/n with DLNA and Hotspot, Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP and a microUSB 2.0 slot. Browsing experience is quite good thanks to the Adobe Flash support.
The battery has 1200 mAh and a life of 5 hours and 40 minutes in talk time and 331 hours in standby. With a normal usage the phone can stay on for about one and a half day.