Samsung has resolved some minor gaps that the Galaxy Ace has and so they launched the Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus which offers a larger internal memory and a faster processor. Check it main features first:
- Quad-band GSM and dual-band 3G support
- 7.2 Mbps HSDPA support
- 3.65″ 16M-color TFT LCD capacitive touchscreen of HVGA (320 x 480 pixels) resolution
- 1 GHz ARM Cortex A5 processor, Adreno 200 GPU, Qualcomm MSM7227A chipset; 512MB of RAM available to the user
- Android OS v2.3 (Gingerbread) with TouchWiz 4.0 UI customization
- Swype text input
- 5 MP autofocus camera with LED flash; geo-tagging, smile detection3 GB of internal storage, microSD slot
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and DLNA
- GPS with A-GPS connectivity; Digital compass
- microUSB port (charging) and stereo Bluetooth v3.0
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- FM radio with RDS
- Document editor
- File manager preinstalled
- Samsung Apps brings a few nice apps for free
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor
Full specs here.
Below the phone has the typical Samsung control button: the hardware home button and the menu and back touch buttons that are touch sensitive. Above the screen there is the ear piece speaker and the proximity sensor. The top is hosting the 3.5mm jack and a small crevice for removing the battery cover. At the bottom it has the microUSB slot. On the left side we can see the volume keys and on the right side the power button.
The LCD display of the Ace Plus is average; the colors are dull but the brightness and contrast are good. It supports a resolution of 320 x 480 pixels and a pixel density of 158ppi. It measures 3.65 inches in diagonal and supports multitouch. The phone dimensions are: 114.5 x 62.5 x 11.2mm and it weighs 115 grams.
The speed on 3G mode can reach 7.2 Mbps HSDPA. The Wi-Fi connection has b/g/n standards and supports DLNA and Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth is v3.0 with A2DP and the microUSB port is v2.0. The browser has Adobe flash support and runs quite good and flawlessly.
The Galaxy Ace Plus has a 5MP camera sensor with autofocus, LED flash, geo-tagging, face and smile detection. The pictures very low noise levels, good details and the colors are great. It can shoot VGA videos at 30 fps. The phone doesn’t have a secondary camera.
Surprisingly the Ace Plus will receive the update to Android v4.1 Jelly Bean. It has the Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM7227A chipset, a Cortex-A5 processor clocked at 1GHZ and the Adreno 200 GPU. All of these are helped by an amount of 512MB. The internal memory has 3GB and it can be expanded up to 32 GB through a microSD card.
The battery software is well optimized because the phone battery life is very good even though it has only 1300 mAh. It has a standby time of 670 hours and a talk time of 11 hours.