The Huawei Honor is a Chinese smartphone with solid specs. It cheaper than its rivals but it still has a clean design. Checkout its main features:
- Quad-band GSM and tri-band 3G support
- 14.4 Mbps HSDPA; 5.76 Mbps HSUPA
- 1.4GHz Snapdragon CPU; Adreno 205 GPU; Qualcomm MSM 8255Т chipset; 512MB RAM; 4GB ROM
- 1GB storage, microSD card support (up to 32GB)
- 4.0” LCD display of FWVGA (854 x 480) resolution; 245ppi pixel density
- 8 megapixel auto-focus camera with geo-tagging and HDR; HD (720p@30fps) video recording, LED flash
- Front-facing VGA camera
- Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread with custom Huawei launcher
- Custom lockscreen with shortcuts to messaging, camera and missed calls
- Huawei Cloud + Store offer exclusive content and 16GB of cloud storage
- Wi-Fi b/g/n; hot-spot and DLNA connectivity
- Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP
- GPS with A-GPS; Digital compass
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- Accelerometer, Gyroscope and proximity sensor
- Stereo FM radio
- Active noise cancellation with secondary mic
- Office document viewer
- Powerful 1900 mAh Li-Po battery
- Web browser with Adobe Flash 11 support
- Smart dialing
Full specs here.
Above the screen near the ear piece speaker it has the secondary camera, the proximity sensor and a LED for notifications. On the right side of the phone we have nothing to see but on the left side we can see the volume rocker. At the bottom it has the USB slot and the mouth microphone. At the top it has power button and the 3.5mm jack for headphones.
The Honor measures 122 x 61 x 11mm and weighs 140 grams. It has a 4 inches TFT capacitive display which supports a resolution of 480 x 854 pixels and a pixel density of 245ppi. It supports multitouch and has 16 million colors. The display has good contrast and nice colors.
In 2G mode it can reach up to 236 Kbps with EDGE and in 3G mode it can reach up to 14.4 Mbps HSDPA and 5.76 Mbps HSUPA. Wi-Fi has b/g/n protocols with DLNA and Hotspot, Bluetooth is v2.1 with A2DP + EDR and the microUSB slot is v2.0. The browser runs good thanks to the Adobe Flash support.
The 8MP camera has autofocus and LED flash. It features geo-tagging and HDR. Video recording is made at 720p and 30 fps and the secondary camera has VGA resolution. The pictures made with the camera have very good quality with nice details, low amount of noise and good color reproduction.
The OS is Android v2.3 Gingerbread and it can be updated to v4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. The 1.4 GHz Scorpion processor is based on the Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255T chipset. The GPU is Adreno 205 and it is helped by 512Mb of RAM and 4 GB of ROM. The internal memory has 1 GB and it can be expanded up to 32 GB through a microSD card. The phone has gyro, accelerometer, compass and proximity sensors.
It comes in 6 different colors and each of them is very beautiful in my opinion: glossy black, textured black, elegant white, vibrant yellow, cherry blossom pink and burgundy.
The battery is big enough for the phone; it has 1900 mAh. The phone also has a dedicated Power saving mode in the settings. The battery life is can reach about 3 days of normal usage.