Launched in October 2012 the HTC Desire HD is a big and solid smartphone. It is almost square and its display looks very big. Check down here its main features:
- Quad-band GSM and dual-band 3G support
- 14.4 Mbps HSDPA and 5.76 Mbps HSUPA
- 4.3″ 16M-color capacitive LCD touchscreen of WVGA resolution (480 x 800 pixels)
- Android OS v2.2 Froyo with HTC Sense UI
- Unibody design
- Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD8255 1 GHz processor
- 768 MB RAM and 1.5 GB ROM
- 8 MP autofocus camera with LED flash and geo-tagging
- 720p video recording @ 25fps
- Wi-Fi b/g/n and DLNA
- GPS with A-GPS
- microSD slot up to 32GB (8GB card included)
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- Stereo FM radio with RDS
- microUSB port (charging) and stereo Bluetooth v2.1
- Smart dialing, voice dialing
- DivX/XviD video support
- Dolby Mobile and SRS sound enhancement
- HTC Locations app
- HTCSense.com integration
- Ultra-fast boot times (if you don’t remove battery)
The enormous volume keys are placed on the left side of the phone. Also on the left side under the volume keys is a small cover under which is the battery. You will struggle a little to take out the battery but it’s good it can be removed. At the bottom of the phone we find the 3.5mm jack with Dolby Mobile and SRS sound enhancement, the microUSB slot and the microphone. On the upper side it has only the power button. On the back it has the camera with a dual LED and on the bottom it has a cover under which you can insert the SIM and the microSD card.
The Desire HD measures 123x68x11.8mm and weighs 164 grams. The 4.3 inches screen is wide but it hasn’t HD resolution. It supports a resolution of 480×800 pixels and a pixel density of 217ppi. The display supports multitouch and it is protected by gorilla Glass screen. Because it’s a LCD type it doesn’t has such a good legibility under sun light but in interior the colors are good.
The chipset is a Snapdragon MSM8255 from Qualcomm. The processor is Scorpion clocked at 1GHz and the GPU is Adreno 200 helped by 768 Mb of RAM memory. The memory available for installing apps has 1.5 GB. You can expand the storage with a microSD card up to 32 GB but you have an 8GB card included. It has accelerometer, proximity, light and compass sensors. On the left of the ear piece speaker under its grid it has a small LED which is used for notifications.
The 8MP camera takes very good pictures even in low light conditions. Even the pictures made in complete dark can be posted on Facebook. It has autofocus, dual-LED flash, geo-tagging and face detection. Video recording is made at 720p. It shoots good quality videos. Unfortunately it doesn’t have a secondary camera.
At connectivity it has Wi-Fi with b/g/n protocols, DLNA and Hotspot, microUSB 2.0 slot, Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP and the 3G connections speed are depending on the carrier; HSDPA can have 7.2/14.4 Mbps and HSUPA can have 2/5.76 Mbps. With the Adobe Flash support the integrated browser works very well.
The battery is a little too small for the Desire HD. It has only 1230 mAh and it can offer one day of normal use to the phone.