The Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V has come to replace the Xperia Neo. V is not the letter, it is the Roman number five; five because Sony Ericsson replaced the 8MP camera from the Xperia Neo with a 5MP camera. Check the main features of the Xperia Neo V and after I’ll tell you the small differences between the two models.
- Quad-band GSM /GPRS/EDGE support
- 3G with 7.2 Mbps HSDPA and 5.76 Mbps HSUPA
- 3.7″ 16M-color capacitive LED-backlit LCD touchscreen of FWVGA resolution (480 x 854 pixels) on Sony Mobile BRAVIA engine
- Android OS v2.3.4 Gingerbread
- 1 GHz Scorpion CPU, Adreno 205 GPU, Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255 chipset
- 512 MB RAM
- 5 MP autofocus camera, LED flash, geo-tagging, 3D Sweep Panorama
- 720p video @ 30fps, continuous autofocus with continuous autofocus and stereo sound
- Front facing VGA camera, video chat (Google, Skype)
- Wi-Fi b/g/n and DLNA
- GPS with A-GPS
- microSD slot (32GB supported, 2GB card included)
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- Stereo FM radio with RDS
- microUSB port (charging) and stereo Bluetooth v2.1
- Voice dialing
- Adobe Flash 11 support
- microHDMI port
- Deep Xperia Facebook integration
Full specs here.
I will tell you what Sony Ericsson added to the Xperia Neo V and after I will enumerate the other features which are the same as on the Xperia Neo.
So they changed the camera sensor to a 5MP one to make the phone cheaper. They added 3D sweep panorama. The taken pictures are quite good, very colorful and without noise. Another thing added to the camera is that is has image stabilization while shooting.
The browser supports HTML5 which is newer. It also has predictive text input T9. They added a new color, white, but they removed the red color.
The specifications I will enumerate now are the same as on the Xperia Neo.
Its measures 116x57x13mm and its weighs 126 grams. The battery has 1500 mAh and can last for about 42 hours. It has Adobe Flash support, GPS with A-GPS, stereo FM radio with RDS.
The 1 GHz Scorpion processor and the Adreno 205 GPU are based on the Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255 chipset. The amount of RAM memory is 512Mb. The internal memory has 1GB and only 320Mb are user available. the phone supports a microSD card up to 32GB.
The 5MP camera has autofocus, LED flash, touch focus, geo-tagging, face and smile detection and video calling. It can shoot videos at 720p resolution with 30 fps with continuous autofocus and video light.
At connectivity the Xperia Neo V has Wi-Fi with b/g/n standards, DLNA and Hotspot, HSDPA 7.2 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps, Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP + EDR and a microUSB slot. I forgot to say that the Xperia Neo V has USB on-the-go support and the Xperia Neo doesn’t have.
The display has LED-backlit technology and the Mobile BRAVIA Engine. It supports a resolution of 480×854 pixels and a pixel density of 265ppi. Also it has multitouch and a scratch resistant glass.