The Samsung Galaxy S Advance was launched in April this year as a completion to the Galaxy S, but it comes with dual core CPU. It is a well built phone and soon I think it will be a best buy. But let’s see its main advantages.
- Quad-band GSM and dual-band 3G support
- 14.4 Mbps HSDPA and 5.76 Mbps HSUPA support
- 4.0″ 16M-color Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen of WVGA (480 x 800 pixel) resolution; Scratch-resistant coating
- Android OS v2.3.6 with TouchWiz 4 launcher
- 1 GHz dual-core Cortex-A9 CPU, Mali-400 MP GPU, 768MB of RAM
- 5 MP autofocus camera with a powerful LED flash, face and smile detection
- 720p HD video recording at 30fps
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n support; DLNA and Wi-Fi hotspot
- GPS with A-GPS connectivity; digital compass
- 8/16GB of inbuilt storage, microSD slot
- Accelerometer, gyroscope and proximity sensor
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- microUSB port
- Stereo Bluetooth v3.0
- FM radio with RDS
- Gorilla Glass
- 1.3MP secondary camera
- Document editor
- File manager comes preinstalled
Full specs here.
The phone has a 1500 mAh battery which combined with the optimized software is lasts about two days of normal use. Even on an intensive usage it can keep the phone on for a day. The battery management is well balanced as at the Galaxy S. The producers are saying it can stay up 550 hours in standby.
Speaking about the hardware, the Galaxy Advance has a deadly combination: a dual core Cortex-A9 processor clocked at 1 GHz with a Mali-400MP graphics processing unit. They are based on a STE U8500 chipset and they are helped by 768Mb of RAM and 2GB of ROM. The internal storage can have 8GB or 16 GB, it depends on you which variant you choose. The storage can be expanded through a microSD card up to 32GB.
As features the Galaxy Advance has: accelerometer, compass, gyro, proximity and light sensors, stereo FM radio with RDS, GPS with A-GPS and DivX/WMV support. The phone measures 123.2x63x9.7mm and weighs 120 grams.
At connectivity it has dual band Wi-Fi with a/b/g/n standards; also it has DLNA and Wi-Fi Hotspot. The 3G HSDPA speed can reach 14.4 Mbps and HSUPA up to 5.76 Mbps. It has optional NFC, bluetooth 3.0 with A2DP + HS and microUSB v2.0. Those from Samsung should be ashamed because they didn’t make a USB on-the-go support. The browsing experience is excellent thanks to the Adobe Flash support and the 4 inches screen.
The 4 inches display type is Super AMOLED with a resolution of 480×800 pixels and with a pixel density of 233ppi. It has very good viewing angles and it has good sun light legibility. It also supports multitouch.
The Galaxy S Advance has a 5MP camera sensor with autofocus and LED flash. It features geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection. Video recording is made at 720p resolution with 30 fps. It’s not much to say about its camera, it’s an ordinary 5MP one. It takes good photos even in low light conditions but not in full dark.
If you are interested to buy a Samsung Galaxy S Advance search for good deals with it on www.mobilephonedeals.com. It’s a well balanced smartphone with a good screen, nice browsing experience and good hardware configuration.