The Huawei Ascend P1 is not the flagship from Huawei but it is smartphone that shows us that they aren’t joking. Huawei started to make high end mobile phones and the Ascend P1 is one of them; they have even better smartphones. It looks like the Galaxy S2. Check its main features:
- 7.7mm thin body
- Quad-band GSM and penta-band 3G with HSPA support
- 4.3″ 16M-color capacitive Super AMOLED touchscreen of qHD resolution (540 x 960 pixels)
- Android OS v4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Two homescreen options – vanilla and 3D
- Dual-core 1.5GHz processor, 1GB of RAM, PowerVR SGX540 GPU, TI OMAP 4460 chipset
- 4GB of inbuilt storage (2.3GB user accessible)
- 8 MP autofocus camera with LED flash and geo-tagging
- 1080p video recording @ 30fps
- Wi-Fi b/g/n and DLNA, hotspot functionality
- GPS with A-GPS
- microSD slot, up to 32GB
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack; Dolby Mobile 3.0+
- Stereo FM radio with RDS
- MHL-enabled microUSB port (charging) and stereo Bluetooth v3.0
- Front facing camera
Full specs here.
On the upper side of the phone we find the 3.5mm jack, microUSB slot and the SIM slot. The Ascend P1 doesn’t have a removable back panel. On the right side of the ear piece speaker it has a 1.3MP secondary camera and on the left side it has the proximity and light sensors. It also has gyro, compass and accelerometer sensors.
The display type is Super AMOLED. It has 4.3 inches in diagonal and supports multitouch, a pixels density of 256ppi and a resolution of 540×960 pixels. The display is protected by Gorilla Glass screen. The displayed colors are very realistic and the legibility under sun light is very good. The phone measures 127×64.8×7.7mm and weighs 110 grams. It is slimmer than the Galaxy S2.
The Ascend P1 has an internal memory of 4GB which can be extended up to 32GB through a microSD card. The chipset is TI OPMAP 4460 with a dual core Cortex-A9 processor clocked at 1.5 GHz and a PowerVR SGX540 graphics processing unit. The amount on RAM memory which helps these components is 1GB.
Good connectivity over 3G comes from Huawei. The phone can reach 21 Mbps HSDPA and 5.76 Mbps HSUPA. The b/g/n Wi-Fi connection supports Wi-Fi Hotspot and has DLNA. Bluetooth is v3.0 with A2DP + HS and the microUSB connection is made through an MHL cable, the same cable for the TV-out connection.
The camera takes superb pictures. It has dual-LED flash, autofocus and an 8MP sensor. Between its features it has HDR imaging. The pictures come out great. It can shoot full HD videos at 1080p with 30 fps. It has geo-tagging, face and smile detection, burst mode and many scenes from which you can chose.
The battery is average for 4.3 inches phone with its configuration. It has 1670 mAh and can keep the Ascend P1 alive for about one day. If it isn’t intense used it can reach one and a half-two days.
The Huawei Ascend P1 is a great phone and cheap at the same time. Huawei has made a good job with this smartphone. I have nothing to reproach. Check www.mobilephonedeals.com to find good deals with the Ascend P1 or other phones.